1000 Harrison St. LaPorte, IN 46350
Phone: 219-326-6930
Fax: 219-324-7108

Principal : Deborah Carter
Assistant Principal: Andrew Merritt

Boston History

Boston Middle School is a three-story structure located on 1000 Harrison Street. Boston was built as a high school in 1923. The annex to the main building was added in 1931 as part of the Works Progress Administration (WPA) during the Depression.

The Latin words " LUX ET VERITAS" are carved over the front door. The translation of these words is "LIGHT AND TRUTH". A plaque honoring LaPorte High School students who died serving our country during World War II is located on the wall at the entrance to the building.

In the fall of 1962, the LPCSC completed a new high school building and the old building became a central junior high school. In 1971, when a second junior high school was completed, Paul F. Boston was honored for his long and distinguished career in education and for his total commitment to the youth of LaPorte by having the school renamed Paul F. Boston Junior High School. In 1984, the two junior high schools became middle schools and Boston was officially renamed Paul F. Boston Middle School.