The Parent Network
Parent Survey in English and Spanish, to be completed at the conclusion of the student's annual case conference committee meeting. All responses remain anonymous and are available only to the Office of Special Education. The survey is for parents of all students who are eligible to receive special education services during the 2015-2016 school year (ages 3-21).
English Survey | Spanish Survey
IN*SOURCE announces new online training classes for families and professionals!
Understanding Article 7 is a training course that is designed to help parents understand basic information about Article 7 (Indiana’s Special Education Law) and how to apply it to their situation. Information covered includes the referral and evaluation process, the individualized education program, procedural safeguards for parents and skills for effective communication.
You can find this online training on our website -- www.insource.org. On the left side of the page under IN*SOURCE Trainings, click "On-Line Courses". This will take you to the training center where you can create an account with your name and email address. The training consists of four modules (20-30 minutes in length) which are self-paced and interactive. We have incorporated a message center to enable training participants to ask questions during the training. The message center makes it easy to submit questions directly to an IN*SOURCE Program Specialist at anytime during the presentation by using the pause button. A response will be sent via email within 24 hours on business days. You can also evaluate the training and print a certificate of attendance after completing each module.
About The Parent Network
The mission of the Parent Network of the South LaPorte County Special Education Cooperative is to serve as a liaison to parents, schools and community through communication, education and advocacy as a means to serve students with special needs in our districts.
The South LaPorte County Special Education Cooperative maintains a parent network system to provide for the participation of, and consultation with, parents of students in special education. Our parents are valued members of the special education process serving children with special needs. The Parent Network is designed to support parents of special needs children and the special education administration to work toward positive results with the special needs students.
The Parent Network is committed to doing the following:
- Recruiting parents from each member district of the cooperative and disability area to form a Parent Network Group. The number of parents from each district is determined by the size of the individual school districts.
- The Parent Network Group will meet with the special education administration at least twice each semester to establish goals and procedures for assisting and informing other parents about special education.
- The Parent Network Group will assist the administrative team in the development and distribution of the Special EDition Newsletter.
- The Parent Network Group will assist in the selection of in-service ideas that could provide information or training to parents of special needs students.
- The Parent Network Group will participate in the review and evaluation of the SLCSEC procedures and the state mandated Continuous Improvement Monitoring (CIM) process.
- The Parent Network Members will assist other parents in positive support and guidance in the pursuit of appropriate services for students eligible for special education.