Mrs. Deborah Carter
Mr. Andrew Merritt
Welcome to Boston Middle School where we are committed to providing all students with learning opportunities that will allow them to develop their full potential and pursue excellence in a safe and positive environment. I’m looking forward to the opportunity to get to know the parents and the students through classrooms, athletics, academic teams, and musical activities. Please feel free to contact us at Boston Middle School with any questions, comments, or concerns.
Announcements ~ September 2
Say "Cheese" ~ Picture Day is September 10
Pictures will be taken at BMS for picture packets, student IDs, and the yearbook. Your child will be given an envelope with ordering information; you may order on the day of the picture shoot with check or cash, or you may order through this website https://inter-state.com/FlyerEntry/588861 .
Fun Night ~ Friday, Sept. 5 ~ 3-4:30
|$3.00 to enter; 50 cents for games, food items, etc:Face paintingBozo BucketsDart gameBasketballPop ring tossNail paintingice cream treats, pizza, pop, CandyHave your ride home at BMS at 4:30!|
BMS School expectations
Expectations for Breakfast and Before/After School at BMS:
- Breakfast opens each school day at 7:25am
- Students going to breakfast must purchase food. You cannot bring food from
home to eat in our cafeteria for breakfast.
- Students eating breakfast must clean their table!
- Students eating breakfast need to remember that no food or silverware can
leave the lunchroom. This includes bottled water.
- Students eating breakfast cannot leave the cafeteria until the bell rings.
- Students eating breakfast are not allowed to wear hats.
- When listening to headphones, please only use one earbud so you can hear
supervisors in case of an emergency.
- Students not following breakfast rules, will not be allowed to eat breakfast
in the cafeteria.
School Opens at 7:40am:
- Students cannot enter the building prior to 7:40am unless you are going to
breakfast or dropping off your instrument.
- If a student wants to see a teacher before school, you must have prior
permission and pass from that teacher the day before.
- You MUST ask a supervisor to enter school before 7:40am. This
includes students wishing to use the restroom, students visiting the office, and
even students taking projects or items to a teacher.
- When we have bad weather, students can enter the building early ONLY when a
supervisor gives permission to do so.
- Prior to and after school, students are expected to stand on the sidewalk
and pavement areas. Please stay off the GRASS!
- Please remember that energy drinks, soda, and coffee drinks are not allowed
on school property.
- Students who arrive at BMS prior to school cannot leave for the gas station
or anywhere without permission. Once you arrive...you need to stay.
School Ends at 2:40pm:
- Students exiting the building at the end of the day need to be careful and
- Students outside the building MUST be waiting for a ride home. You cannot
"hang out" after school if you are waiting.
- Students need to Stay off the GRASS after school.
Please use the sidewalks.
- Students walking home need to be very careful in crossing a street. Never
run in front of cars or busses. Please make sure you look both ways.
- Students walking home need to be respectful to students. School rules apply
from our school all the way to your house.
- Students walking home need to be respectful to our neighbors. Please do not
walk in other people's yards. It is illegal and considered trespassing.
- Students walking home should walk with a friend to be safe. If you have
any concerns about being safe before, during, or after school, tell a staff
**BMS students always represent Boston Middle School here and away from
school. All our rules are in place to make it safer for everyone. Please show
others how great BMS students are!
2014-2015 Book Rental
August 14, 2014 will be our initial collecting date. Please pay at the main office. The fees for the 2014-2015 school year are as follows:
6th grade - $186.00 7th grade - $191.00 8th grade - $194.00
All sport participants MUST have a sports physical and insurance BEFORE any practice begins. The necessary forms are available in the Principal’s Office or on Boston's Web page.
Volunteer Background Check form
In order to volunteer, make classroom visits, or help with fun night supervision at Boston Middle School, La Porte Community School Corporation requires a Volunteer Criminal History. You will need to complete this volunteer background form in its entirety and return it to our school, before you will be allowed to volunteer or attend functions in any capacity. Unless you hear otherwise, you will be approved to serve as a volunteer for the 2014-15 school year. Thank you for your involvement in our school.
LPCSC Online information
2013-2014 Bostonian Yearbooks may be purchased at BMS beginning August 18, 20014, for $15,
HELP U93 STOP CHILD ABUSE 1-800-853-KIDS
MyLocker ~ The Place to order BMS Spirit Wear
Academic, Arts and Social Opportunities at BMS
Show Choir ~ Jazz Band ~ LPHS Marching Band ~ Honors Band ~ Poms (8th Grade) ~ Future Problem Solvers ~ Lead and Seed ~ Student Council ~ Science Club ~ Math Counts ~ Science Olympiad ~ Social Studies Academic Club ~ Language Arts Academic Club ~ Spell Bowl ~ Spelling Bee ~ Stage Crew ~ Art Club ~ Recycle Club ~ Computer Club ~ Fun Nights
Rose-Hulman's Homework Hotline
Rose-Hulman's Homework Hotline provides FREE math and science homework help to Indiana students in grades 6-12. Students may contact the Homework Hotline from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time), September through May toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE or online at www.AskRose.org.
Teen Court/Youth Service Bureau
Teen Court is looking for new volunteers to serve as prosecutors, defense attorneys, bailiffs, clerks, and jurors.. Any responsible, dependable, committed and objective students who are enrolled in La Porte County in grades 6th through 12th are eligible. If this sounds interesting to you, please mail or return a Teen Court Volunteer Application to: Youth Service Bureau Big Brothers Big Sisters of La Porte County; 906 Michigan Avenue; La Porte, IN 46350
For this and more information, please get a flyer from the kiosk in the main office.
Boxtops for Education
Did you think you could quit saving those boxtops just because your child is in middle school? Think again. . . we are still collecting them; they work in all grade levels!!
- All students are entitled to a quality education.
- The middle school philosophy addresses the cognitive, emotional, physical and social needs of all adolescents.
- Decisions will be information and data based in the best interest of the students.
- Accountability for student achievement is critical.
- A collaborative team approach is essential to ensure high performance.
- Staff should be valued and be encouraged to develop professionally.
- The learning environment must be safe and orderly.
- Parents and community members are an integral and valued part of the educational process.
- Diversity is an asset that is to be valued and respected.
7:50 am – 2:40 pm