Mrs. Deborah Carter
Mr. Andrew Merritt
Welcome to Boston Middle School where we are committed to providing all students with learning opportunities that will allow them to develop their full potential and pursue excellence in a safe and positive environment. I’m looking forward to the opportunity to get to know the parents and the students through classrooms, athletics, academic teams, and musical activities. Please feel free to contact us at Boston Middle School with any questions, comments, or concerns.
Time Change for BMS students beginning 2015-2016
Student schedules will be adjusted by 5 minutes to be consistent with KMS:
School day begins at 7:45 and ends at 2:35
Mrs. Carter's report of BMS activities
Change in Core 40 Diploma
Free Breakfast and Lunch - beginning June 15
LPCSC Calendar for 2015-2016
Box Tops for Education = New BMS Welcome Sign
BMS is having a collection contest. Clean out your kitchen drawers and snip them from boxes in your cupboards - then send them to school with your children!
Anti Bullying Awareness - Indirect Bullying
21st Century Scholars
Indiana’s 21st Century Scholars is a needs- and performance-based program that provides students the opportunity to earn up to a four-year scholarship at an Indiana college or university.
Hoosier students who meet income criteria can enroll during their 7th- or 8th-grade year of middle school. Students commit to maintaining academic success, remaining drug and alcohol free, and completing college-preparation activities.
Scholars are provided resources and assistance to help them plan and prepare for college and pay for expenses not covered by their scholarship.
21st Century Scholars
BMS School expectations
Expectations for Breakfast and Before/After School at BMS:
- Breakfast opens each school day at 7:25am
- Students going to breakfast must purchase food. You cannot bring food from
home to eat in our cafeteria for breakfast.
- Students eating breakfast must clean their table!
- Students eating breakfast need to remember that no food or silverware can
leave the lunchroom. This includes bottled water.
- Students eating breakfast cannot leave the cafeteria until the bell rings.
- Students eating breakfast are not allowed to wear hats.
- When listening to headphones, please only use one earbud so you can hear
supervisors in case of an emergency.
- Students not following breakfast rules, will not be allowed to eat breakfast
in the cafeteria.
School Opens at 7:40am:
- Students cannot enter the building prior to 7:40am unless you are going to
breakfast or dropping off your instrument.
- If a student wants to see a teacher before school, you must have prior
permission and pass from that teacher the day before.
- You MUST ask a supervisor to enter school before 7:40am. This
includes students wishing to use the restroom, students visiting the office, and
even students taking projects or items to a teacher.
- When we have bad weather, students can enter the building early ONLY when a
supervisor gives permission to do so.
- Prior to and after school, students are expected to stand on the sidewalk
and pavement areas. Please stay off the GRASS!
- Please remember that energy drinks, soda, and coffee drinks are not allowed
on school property.
- Students who arrive at BMS prior to school cannot leave for the gas station
or anywhere without permission. Once you arrive...you need to stay.
School Ends at 2:40pm:
- Students exiting the building at the end of the day need to be careful and
- Students outside the building MUST be waiting for a ride home. You cannot
"hang out" after school if you are waiting.
- Students need to Stay off the GRASS after school.
Please use the sidewalks.
- Students walking home need to be very careful in crossing a street. Never
run in front of cars or busses. Please make sure you look both ways.
- Students walking home need to be respectful to students. School rules apply
from our school all the way to your house.
- Students walking home need to be respectful to our neighbors. Please do not
walk in other people's yards. It is illegal and considered trespassing.
- Students walking home should walk with a friend to be safe. If you have
any concerns about being safe before, during, or after school, tell a staff
**BMS students always represent Boston Middle School here and away from
school. All our rules are in place to make it safer for everyone. Please show
others how great BMS students are!
All sport participants MUST have a sports physical and insurance BEFORE any practice begins. The necessary forms are available in the Principal’s Office or on Boston's Web page.
LPCSC Online information
HELP U93 STOP CHILD ABUSE 1-800-853-KIDS
MyLocker ~ The Place to order BMS Spirit Wear
Academic, Arts and Social Opportunities at BMS
Show Choir ~ Jazz Band ~ LPHS Marching Band ~ Honors Band ~ Poms (8th Grade) ~ Future Problem Solvers ~ Lead and Seed ~ Student Council ~ Science Club ~ Math Counts ~ Science Olympiad ~ Social Studies Academic Club ~ Language Arts Academic Club ~ Spell Bowl ~ Spelling Bee ~ Stage Crew ~ Art Club ~ Recycle Club ~ Computer Club ~ Fun Nights
Rose-Hulman's Homework Hotline
Rose-Hulman's Homework Hotline provides FREE math and science homework help to Indiana students in grades 6-12. Students may contact the Homework Hotline from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time), September through May toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE or online at www.AskRose.org.
Teen Court/Youth Service Bureau
Teen Court is looking for new volunteers to serve as prosecutors, defense attorneys, bailiffs, clerks, and jurors.. Any responsible, dependable, committed and objective students who are enrolled in La Porte County in grades 6th through 12th are eligible. If this sounds interesting to you, please mail or return a Teen Court Volunteer Application to: Youth Service Bureau Big Brothers Big Sisters of La Porte County; 906 Michigan Avenue; La Porte, IN 46350
For this and more information, please get a flyer from the kiosk in the main office.
Boxtops for Education
Did you think you could quit saving those boxtops just because your child is in middle school? Think again. . . we are still collecting them; they work in all grade levels!!
- All students are entitled to a quality education.
- The middle school philosophy addresses the cognitive, emotional, physical and social needs of all adolescents.
- Decisions will be information and data based in the best interest of the students.
- Accountability for student achievement is critical.
- A collaborative team approach is essential to ensure high performance.
- Staff should be valued and be encouraged to develop professionally.
- The learning environment must be safe and orderly.
- Parents and community members are an integral and valued part of the educational process.
- Diversity is an asset that is to be valued and respected.
7:50 am – 2:40 pm