1000 Harrison St.
LaPorte, IN 46350
Principal : Deborah Carter
Assistant Principal: Andrew Merritt
Mrs. Deborah Carter
Mr. Andrew Merritt
Welcome to Boston Middle School where we are committed to providing all students with learning opportunities that will allow them to develop their full potential and pursue excellence in a safe and positive environment. I’m looking forward to the opportunity to get to know the parents and the students through classrooms, athletics, academic teams, and musical activities. Please feel free to contact us at Boston Middle School with any questions, comments, or concerns.
2013-2014 Bostonian Yearbooks may be purchased at BMS beginning August 18, 20014, for $15,
HELP U93 STOP CHILD ABUSE 1-800-853-KIDS
LPCSC Online information
Free School Dental Exams
MyLocker ~ The Place to order BMS Spirit Wear
Boston's Book Club ~ Book Alive ~ New List
This year we are trying more of an interactive book club. Click on any of the books below to see a brief description from www.arbookfind.com and decide which books you want to read. All you have to do is:
1. Read one of the books listed.
2. Take the AR test and earn 80% or higher. Print off your TOPS report at the end of your AR test and bring it to room 312 or have your teacher email score and you will receive a word puzzle in exchange.
3. Solve the puzzle and take your answer to the mystery teacher (also a part of your puzzle). If you are correct, you will get a prize! Leave a comment about the books that you read so others know what you think. Only leave your first name-NO LAST NAMES.
Academic, Arts and Social Opportunities at BMS
Show Choir ~ Jazz Band ~ LPHS Marching Band ~ Honors Band ~ Poms (8th Grade) ~ Future Problem Solvers ~ Lead and Seed ~ Student Council ~ Science Club ~ Math Counts ~ Science Olympiad ~ Social Studies Academic Club ~ Language Arts Academic Club ~ Spell Bowl ~ Spelling Bee ~ Stage Crew ~ Art Club ~ Recycle Club ~ Computer Club ~ Fun Nights
All sport participants MUST have a sports physical and insurance BEFORE any practice begins. The necessary forms are available in the Principal’s Office or on Boston's Web page.
Rose-Hulman's Homework Hotline
Rose-Hulman's Homework Hotline provides FREE math and science homework help to Indiana students in grades 6-12. Students may contact the Homework Hotline from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time), September through May toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE or online at www.AskRose.org.
Before and After-School BMS Expectations
1) Please be reminded that students may eat breakfast each day at 7:25 am. Students are not allowed in the building for any reason without permission from an adult prior to 7:40 am unless they are eating breakfast. This expectation includes music students and students in using the restroom.
2) Students attending breakfast MUST eat breakfast.
3) Students MUST clean up after eating.
4) There is no breakfast on delay days.
5) Students cannot have coffee or energy drinks on school property.
6) Students arriving on school property MUST stay on school property and cannot leave again until the school day is over.
7) Students are expected to use the sidewalks instead of walking through the grass.
8) Students are expected to leave immediately after school unless they are taking the bus or waiting for a ride.
*Failure to follow the any of the above expectations and procedures may result in a consequence in accordance with school rules and the Boston Middle School Planner.
9) Because of increasing cold weather, it is wise for students to dress appropriately by wearing pants instead of shorts, shoes instead of sandals, and coats instead of sweatshirts. Students should be prepared to wear a stocking cap and gloves to avoid being frostbitten. Please note: Students will be allowed into the building early on severely cold and wet days with permission of a supervisor.
Teen Court/Youth Service Bureau
Teen Court is looking for new volunteers to serve as prosecutors, defense attorneys, bailiffs, clerks, and jurors.. Any responsible, dependable, committed and objective students who are enrolled in La Porte County in grades 6th through 12th are eligible. If this sounds interesting to you, please mail or return a Teen Court Volunteer Application to: Youth Service Bureau Big Brothers Big Sisters of La Porte County; 906 Michigan Avenue; La Porte, IN 46350
For this and more information, please get a flyer from the kiosk in the main office.
Boxtops for Education
Did you think you could quit saving those boxtops just because your child is in middle school? Think again. . . we are still collecting them; they work in all grade levels!!
- All students are entitled to a quality education.
- The middle school philosophy addresses the cognitive, emotional, physical and social needs of all adolescents.
- Decisions will be information and data based in the best interest of the students.
- Accountability for student achievement is critical.
- A collaborative team approach is essential to ensure high performance.
- Staff should be valued and be encouraged to develop professionally.
- The learning environment must be safe and orderly.
- Parents and community members are an integral and valued part of the educational process.
- Diversity is an asset that is to be valued and respected.
7:50 am – 2:40 pm